Why on earth would 2016 be any different? Is there some sort of magical thing that happens at 11:59:59 pm on 12/31/15 that will transform you?
- Your job is still the same
- Your spouse and/or kids are still there to stress you out.
- Your cravings are still there.
- Your Bible will still be on the shelf.
I’m sorry, but unless you do something DRASTIC, then nothing is going to change. And you’re gonna be bitter because you know I will be right. So, time to BE DRASTIC.
Because here’s the honest TRUTH.
It really comes down to the fact that you feel as if the start of a new year means something. Why would anyone wait for the new year to start something so important… if its TRULY important that is. Seriously.
So, if you’re gonna wait til 2016 to make your life so much better; I have serious doubts that anything is going to change.
Prove me wrong. (in fact, here’s how)
1. Get help. Seriously. If you could have done it on your own, you would have by now. Whether you need help with energy, that trick knee, accountabiliy, food/meal planning, etc. Enlist some help. Maybe it’s your awesome chiropractor, or your personal trainer. I don’t care, just get someone! Don’t count on a spouse or bestie, because they will let you off the hook when it’s convenient for them. Actually pay someone or ask a coworker or someone.
2. Be honest with yourself. If you hate geting up early. Then don’t plan your workouts for early. If you love chocolate, don’t give up chocolate. Just be honest with yourself and adapt! Maybe you need to workout over lunch. Or late night. Or maybe just no chocolate after 1pm. Do something different!
3. Don’t be an askhole. That’s right, an askhole. Someone that asks for help or advice and doesn’t take it. If you want help.. then commit.
There’s a lot more you could do. But that’s for you to figure it out. I’m here if you need me. And I have friends that can help too.